Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Adrian Belew Power Trio comes to South America

I've read a lot about the Adrian Belew Power Trio and the people from ProjeKction that had seen them talk about the energy and the pleasure they have on stage.

From time to time I visit his site as I visit Tony Levin's and Pat's among others. I read about what they're doing, and tour dates, hoping to see when they would be in Brazil. Then I found out that Adrian is coming to South America.

Lucky bastard! some of you may say, but at that moment his Power Trio tour was restricted to Chile, Argentina and Uruguay.

Then I wrote to his management asking if they would play in Brazil. A couple of days later someone answered in a Frippian style:
- Possibly but we would have to change our flights.
- Likely not possible to get the Visa in time.

I thought: well, if they want to play let's see what is needed to make it happen... So I started looking for information about the Brazilian Visa in US and in Brazil. Meanwhile I talked to a person at the production of a small venue in Sao Paulo, like a jazz and blues club, that would fit exactly for this band and their public.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment